NEW BLOG

3.21.2011: as a new Spring wetted San Francisco's hills, Join Me for Breakfast [JMB] moved under a drier roof.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Intention: Create and Produce

In my last “Art of Presentation” class, we were discussing about intentions.
Our personal intentions.
Whether they were short term, long term, grandiose, or small.
My intention for the rest of this Fall semester, is to create and produce more.
I want to design more, build more, film more, write more, and execute more projects.


The first one started last month, when I tried to build sketchbooks out of Barilla boxes. I’ve never done it before, so I decided to make a couple to practice and understand how it all works.

The next ongoing project is Bring Your Own Music, with my friend Machin. We recently recorded a new session of BYOM where we shared 6 songs each, but this weekend, two great girls and fun characters, Sandra and Sophia, will bring their own 12-pack of songs and spend some time together.
I’m loving BYOM, it’s fun and it pushed me to do and learn things I would have never tried otherwise; plus it is an evolving process, which makes it even more fun.


The third one is the one I am talking about in the previous post. I’ve always been fascinated by truck drivers and taxi drivers, so I decided I wanted to do something with them. As soon as I’ll be able to find a truck driver willing to collaborate for this idea, I will send her/him a digital camera with which they’re gonna take videos and pictures of their route [whether is across a city, a state, or a country]. At the end of their trip, I will ask them to send back the memory card and keep the camera as a present for the collaboration. I would love to see what they see while driving, why they love their job, and maybe one day I’ll be able to take the pictures myself, seating on the passenger seat of a custom Peterbilt.



The fourth project that I am starting is with Machin. We’re still planning it and thinking how to do it.
I’ll post updates as soon as we start it.
Meanwhile, keep an eye on the mailbox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking forward for the truck driver's pictures!!!!
angi