NEW BLOG

3.21.2011: as a new Spring wetted San Francisco's hills, Join Me for Breakfast [JMB] moved under a drier roof.

Monday, November 1, 2010

When I grow up I want to be a truck driver.

When I was 5, I had two dreams: becoming a truck driver and becoming a taxi driver.
17 years later I still dream of being a truck driver and a taxi driver.
Probably because of these reasons, and because my grandfather used to be one, I've always had a lot of respect for these jobs.
There is also something about them that fascinates me, thus I am starting a project involving truck drivers.
I am trying to get in touch with drivers willing to collaborate for a "Journey Diary", so if you happen to know any driver, or if you have suggestions on where to find some, please send me an email or contact me.

This is the trailer for The Big Rig, by Doug Pray [director of Art&Copy], where he explores the lives and souls of American truck drivers.

No comments: